For Parents of Students

As parents of university students, the members of the staff of the Computer Science undergraduate office understand that there is a great deal of information that you are going to want to know. However, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prevents us from giving you information about your student without their explicit permission.

If a student wishes to give their parent(s) access to academic information, he or she will need to contact the Undergraduate Office (ugrad [at] or 301.405.2672) in order to arrange to sign a waiver form granting parental permission to discuss academic records with a member of the undergraduate staff.

The university has useful information for parents at Terp Parent.